The Global Wellness Summit identified the following 10 trends in global wellness.
1. Focus shifts from sleep to true circadian health. This will become a central pillar of wellness: from circadian lighting to circadian diets to apps that use timed light doses to crush jet lag. (Note: circadian rhythms synchronize organismal functions to 24 hours per day, aligning physiological responses and improving metabolic fitness in a time-dependent manner.)
2. Aging rebranded: positively cool. They’re active, vibrant, more engaged than ever (and 60+!).
3. Japanese wellness. Japan is known for marrying revered traditions with innovative technologies; the country asserts a comprehensive culture of wellness.
4. Mental wellness and technology. Mental tech health, via virtual care, wearables, chatbots and other futuristic innovations, is moving mainstream to support the 450 million individuals currently struggling.
5. Energy medicine gets serious. Exploring a new force in health and healing, both doctors and wellness practitioners are uncovering the potential of electromagnetic, light and sound interventions to heal your ‘energy body.’
6. Organised religion jumps into wellness. More religious organisations and ministry leaders are incorporating a wide range of health and fitness modalities—from Ramadan boot camps to Catholic Pilates classes.
7. The wellness sabbatical. The need to strike a balance between the pursuit of wellness and the need to work is the central concept of the wellness sabbatical.
8. The fertility boom. As both women and men take ownership of their reproductive health, reproductive assistance, once deemed a luxury, is becoming a crucial part of healthcare.
9. Wellness music. From the music industry pivoting to “wellness” music to new technologies that capture our biometric data to create personalised, healing soundscapes—music is undergoing a sudden wellness transformation.
10. The science behind the industry. People increasingly want to separate the wellness wheat from the chaff, and more resources and platforms will help them do it.
Source: Global Wellness Summit. Read the full article.